Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Songs, Part 1

[Chad blogging] On Sunday, we sang "Salvation is Here". The first part of the lyrics are:

God above all the world in motion
God above all my hopes and fears
I don't care what the world throws at me now
It's gonna be alright


Hear the sound of the generations
Making loud our freedom song
All in all that the world would know Your name
It's gonna be alright


'Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

God above all the world in motion
God above all my hopes and fears
I don't care what the world throws at me now
It's gonna be alright

'Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

We have sung this song a lot before, but on that day I was thunderstruck!

God reminded me that in everything, and especially in this adoption, He is working His plan and will for not only my life and Melissa's life, but also the lives of our children and their children (the generations).

To give some background to that, as a family we have talked about the fact that God has called us to a multi-generational vision--that we must be very intentional with our kids about salvation and why we believe what we believe so that they will be equipped to do the same with their kids, who will do the same with their kids...

The other thing He spoke to me is that He is at work around the world and has chosen to graft vines from China and Ethiopia into our family tree (the world) with a purpose of bringing salvation to two children who need the Lord.

I cannot help but wonder how He is going to use these children in the next generation. It is my fervent prayer that we will be faithful in the plans He has for us.

1 comment:

Greg and Donna said...

Wow guys, when you decide to update your blog...you don't stop. Thanks for all the information. Can't wait to see pictures when you can share. Please keep us all updated and know that we will pray for a smooth adoption road for you to Gabriel and ??? (if the Lord chooses). How exciting! Love to all the Millers! How I miss you Melissa! Hi to Abby from Amy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Donna