Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lost in translation

Melissa and the kids came by the office today as people have been clamoring to meet Gabriel. Afterwards, they went to State Farm Park to hang out at the pool with some friends. It was Gabriel's first experience at the pool and he was very excited and very loud. We have found that God has already blessed him with a voice that carries long distances.

Compounding this is the fact that in Amharic, the word for going pee is "shinte" which is pronounced "shint". You can probably see where I am going...when Gabriel had to go today, he would call out to Melissa "shinte, shinte". To say that there were a few raised eyebrows would be an understatement!

He played so hard today he crashed on the way home...


Gabriel and Sarah Beth are getting along well...

5 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

I can see Melissa's face now! That is priceless!

powellfamily said...

Oh Melissa,
What a beautiful glimpse of what heaven will be like..... right there in your bathroom!!!!! I love you and miss you. Becky

David and Marianne said...

Melissa,
Wow... I had no idea your adoption had moved so fast!!! He's already home!!! I feel like I missed out on everything. I will have to stop by again and go back through your older posts and catch up : ) Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!
Blessings,
Marianne Gross(Kindermusik)

NCHLSN7 said...

I ditto Marianne! I heard you had your referral and here he is already! So exciting! What a beautiful family.
Missy Nicholson

Donna said...

Ok Ok enough already...you NEED to feed your blog stalkers please!!

Where are more pics?!?!